Monday 19 July 2010

Sorry for the rant

This morning was rather crap. My dad had the day off work today which meant I had to be up early and do a ton of work around the house. Before I go on you should know my dad and I don't get on at all. My mom babies him, it's pathetic, if he doesn't get his way he will throw a tantrum. When he is around (which isn't often as he works a lot) he is either nagging at me that I haven't got a job or that I'm on my laptop.
  1. I have handed out CVs and no where in Uxbridge is looking for anyone.
  2. I then thought outside the box to try and get some money in so started selling my art work, but he doesn't see it as a proper job and so called me useless!
  3. I have made leaflets to hand out for cleaning work, but he keeps nagging at me because I haven't handed them out because there's a typo so now I am "stupid and un-organised"
  4. I even got a few shifts at my local pub to shut him up but it wasn't permanent so he kept moaning.
He doesn't understand that things are different from when he left school, he literally left school and walked into the job he still has today! I have tried so hard with school and with my life to do well but he just never appreciates it. He calls me lazy because by the time he gets back from work its the evening so I just want to relax. Seriously there is no pleasing him!
I thought when I got my unconditional offer from my uni he would be so proud and happy, but no. I mean I'm grateful that he is paying for me to go to uni but a bit of praise would be nice. He didn't even get into uni! I'm so much cleverer than him but he still treats me like a stupid little girl, it's so frustrating because all we ever seem to do is fight. I hate violence and confrontation but I could seriously hit him, he works me up so much.
Sorry I just had to get that off my chest.


As the day progressed Hannah came over and we put up the tent we are going to use for V festival, Hannah is terrible at putting up tents but thankfully my many years as a scout and going on family camping trips allowed us to put it up in a flash :)
We then sat in the tent for a bit and I watched Han spak out at the sight of a fly, it was rather amusing.
We then had roast chicken for dinner which was wonderful, I do like roasts. I then had ice-cream and cake because my gut wasn't full. We then watched the IT crowd and Hannah later departed. I'm so glad she came over, it made the day a lot more enjoyable.
Thank you Hannah :)

1 comment:

  1. Always good to get things off your chest in a blog! Try not to let your Dad get you down, I know how bloody hard it is to get a job. I only got mine because I was recommended by a friend. Anyway I hope writing all of this out made you feel better after! x

    ReplyDelete